Sunday, June 5, 2016

Day 4 - Black Sea Coast

Day 4 - to the Black Sea

So, with no Bucharest to worry about, it was a no-brainer to, instead, head for the Black Sea coast.

After a good night's sleep, a refreshing shower and a lovely brekkie, Phil kindly agreed to come with me to the coast. It certainly would help me navigate and keep me company, so at about 9:30 we set off towards Bourgas.



Toni's mum Vesi has a beautiful, 100-year old Singer sewing machine

Vesi and Toni





I was really pleased that I managed to plug in my mobile phone into the car's USB socket as a media device and after a bit of fiddling (the first hour was spent listening to Avril Lavine on an endless loop) we managed to work out how to shuffle the songs and listen to a variety of music from my favorites.

Two and a half hours later we arrived at the very cute historical town of Nessebar situated as a tiny off shore island connected to the mainland by a narrow bridge. We had a nice stroll around and had a delightful sea bream meal before heading off round the bay to St Vlas.













Looking out at Sunny Beach and St Vlas from Nessebar

St Vlas - next destination

Once we had parked the car next to Toni's friends' hotel called Brilliantin and settled in a bit it was time to explore the town with expert guide Phil who had bought an apartment here ten years go.


The view from our room

Looking out across the bay back at Nessebar

We strolled down the windy streets to the marina and then along the beach until we found a nice bar overlooking the sea where we had a couple of beers and I interviewed Phil on football for my blog (more about this later).











After that we strolled up to a restuarant for another nice meal (I had chicken schnitzels, Phil curry). We saw some girls in Bulgarian national costume but unfortunately missed them dancing in Nessebar earlier.





So back to the room for an early night.

Aljice 
St Vlas, Bulgaria


2 comments: